In today’s global marketplace, it is important for students to acquire the interdisciplinary skills they need to be globally competent and competitive. The International Skills Diploma Seal is awarded to graduating high school students who complete an international education curriculum and engage in extracurricular activities and experiences that foster the achievement of global competencies. It is a signal to employers and higher education institutions that a student is prepared to participate in the global economy.
- At least three credits in the same world language and/or ESOL
- At least four credits in courses determined to have an international focus, such as international economics, world/non-US history, world geography, etc.
- At least four extracurricular activities and experiences with global themes and/or in global contexts (e.g., exchange programs, international and language clubs, travel abroad)
- Twenty hours of community service involving a global/cross-cultural public service project
- Capstone presentation on the knowledge gained in the courses and activities listed above
ISDS Pre-Approved Courses
Deadline for schools to apply to become eligible to award the International Skills Diploma Seals to qualifying graduating high school seniors
Schools notified of application status
Schools evaluate credentials of interested candidates and report list of qualifying candidates to GaDoE
International Skills Diploma Seal Reporting Sheet 2017.docx
Schools award the International Skills Diploma Seal
Awards Ceremony (April 25th at the Department of Education)
ISDS Application 2017-2018
Frequently Asked Questions
Approved ISDS High Schools