MEDIA CONTACT: Matt Cardoza, GaDOE Communications Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, (404) 651-7358 or Keisha Ford-Jenrette, email@example.com, (404) 657-2949
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
December 12, 2013 -- The Georgia Department of Education today announced the names of the students selected as Georgia’s delegates and alternates to the 2013-2014 United States Senate Youth Program. The United States Senate Youth Program, established in 1962 by U.S. Senate Resolution, is a unique educational experience for outstanding high school students interested in pursuing careers in public service.
- Jana Kelnhofer (Oconee County High School, Oconee County, District 10)
- Tammy VuPham (Atlanta International School, Private, District 5)
- Austin Paul (West Hall High School, Hall County, District 9)
- Georgia Trimm (Grovetown High School, Columbia County, District 12)
“I offer my congratulations to these outstanding Georgia students,” said State School Superintendent Dr. John Barge. “These students expressed a strong desire to learn more about our nation’s government and I know they will represent Georgia well. I’m very proud of them.”
The annual program will be held in Washington, D.C., from March 8–15, 2014. Two student leaders from each state, the District of Columbia and the Department of Defense Education Activity will spend a week in Washington experiencing their national government in action.
For more information, go to www.ussenateyouth.org.