To apply to the Georgia Department of Education an applicant should review our advertised job postings and apply for the position(s) that best fit their employment history and qualifications.
Please apply to each job separately by submitting - via Fax, U.S. mail, or Email - a cover letter, resume, and salary history OR a State of Georgia Application to:
Georgia Department of Education
Human Resources Office
2052 Twin Towers East
205 Jesse Hill, Jr. Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Reference the job announcement number in the email subject line or cover letter. All documents submitted must be in .doc (WORD) or .pdf files only. Do not send links and/or downloads.
NOTE: Please be sure to read the minimum qualifications posted for each position. Some of the education-specific positions require Georgia professional educator’s certification. Official documentation of certification is required with the application/resume. An application or resume received will not be considered for a position without certification documentation if required. Georgia professional educator certification inquiries can be directed to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission by calling 404-232-2500 or visiting the web site at www.gapsc.com.
|Announcement - 13-14 ||All Job Openings
|Job Title:||Program Specialist (Indistar© - Race to the Top) - Open to current GaDOE employees only
|Post Date:||April 4, 2013
|Apply by:||Until Filled
|Job ID:||One (1) position
|Location:||Field-based or GaDOE Atlanta Offices, 1854 Twin Towers East, 205 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive, S. E.
|Program/Unit:||School Performance Program/School Improvement Division/Office of School Improvement
|Description of Duties:||
Under the direction of the Director of School Improvement, the position will provide specific coaching support for district office staff, principals, leadership teams, and the process for using Indistar© as a tool to drive school and district level improvement. This position will be responsible for assisting internal and external staff with initial and ongoing implementation of the Indistar© school improvement tool. Additionally, this position will monitor progress of the indicators through on-site school visits and through Indistar©. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
• Providing support and assisting with the implementation of Indistar© for Priority, RT3 LAS, and Focus Schools, focused on developing leadership team skills and behaviors;
• Providing support for districts and internal staff regarding coaching comments through Indistar©;
• Providing direct professional learning regarding leading a functional leadership team, the school improvement process, and monitoring the school improvement work; and
• Monitoring assigned regional network teams' progress and evidence of impact with Indistar©.
Note: Statewide travel is required. This position is funded through Georgia's federal Race to the Top grant through September 30, 2014.
Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) professional educator certification, a Master's Degree in education, education administration, or a related field, and a minimum of three years of experience in a position of educational leadership, including experience as a successful principal, is required. Applicant must have the ability to work collaboratively, counsel and coach a variety of stakeholders both in-person and on-line, and assist in the development and monitoring of the use of an online school improvement tool. Note: Must submit a copy of GaPSC certification with resume and cover letter or with application. This job announcement is open to current GaDOE employees only.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, posses one or more of the following:
• Georgia Professional Standards Commission certificate in educational leadership at level L-5, L-6, or L-7
• Education Specialist or higher degree
• Five or more years of experience in a position of K-12 central office leadership
• Very strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Experience successfully coaching both new and experienced teachers
• Experience at the state or RESA level in school improvement
• Experience at the working with district level professional staff with a focus on instruction and/or leadership
• Strong knowledge base of best practices in leadership and standards-based instruction
• Demonstrated success in team building
• Experience in data analysis and the organization and implementation of major school initiatives
• Experience working with adult learners
• Strong work ethic, self-directed, and self-motivated
• Knowledge of state and federal guidelines, including the Elementary and Secondary Education Act and ESEA Waiver
Pay grade 18 – Annual salary range $47,280.21 (minimum) to $82,962.30 (maximum) for a full time hire. Hiring salary is commensurate with current employment, relevant education/training and work experience, and available funding. Benefit options include life, disability, dental and health insurance, annual/sick leave, and Employees’ Retirement or Teachers’ Retirement.
Consideration/interviews will begin as soon as a list of applicants is established. Applications/resumes will be evaluated and only those meeting the qualifications may be forwarded to the hiring manager to be considered. Candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted directly. No notification will be sent to applicants except those who are selected for interviews. Due to the large volume of applications received, we cannot provide application status information.
It is the policy of the Georgia Department of Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or age in its employment practices.
The Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) and each associated State School is a registered participant in the federal work authorization program commonly known as E-Verify. The GaDOE utilizes the program to verify employment eligibility of individuals hired on or after July 1, 2007.
GaDOE Federally-issued User ID#: 46420
Date of Authorization: 07/02/2007