|The process of application to the Georgia Department of Education is one of a candidate reviewing our advertised positions and applying to those which best fit his/her employment history and qualifications. |
Submit either by fax, U.S. mail, or email a cover letter and a resume OR a State of Georgia Application to:
Georgia Department of Education
Human Resources Office
2052 Twin Towers East
205 Jesse Hill, Jr. Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Please be sure to reference the job announcement number in your email or cover letter. Submit attachments in .doc or .pdf files only.
Please note: Please be sure to read the minimum qualifications posted for each position. Some of the education-specific positions require Georgia professional education certification. Documentation of this certification is required with the application/resume. An application or resume will not be considered for the position until this documentation is received in Human Resources. Georgia professional educator certification inquiries can be directed to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission by calling 404-232-2500 or visiting the web site at www.gapsc.com.
|Announcement - 13-35 ||All Job Openings
|Job Title:||Database Administrator 2 (Data Collections)
|Post Date:||August 12, 2013
|Apply by:||Until Filled
|Job ID:||00198472 (state-funded)
|Location:||1966 Twin Towers East, Atlanta, Georgia 30334
|Program/Unit:||Data Collections/Office of Technology Services
|Description of Duties:||
Under limited supervision, designs and secures computer databases to store, track, and maintain a large volume of critical business information. Job duties include, but are not limited to, providing technical leadership in the configuration, administration and maintenance of Oracle Application Servers; designing and modifying table structure, queries, automated data entry processes, and reports; implementing measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure; planning and scheduling the installation and testing of new products and improvements; creating and managing updates and reports scheduling; creating processes for offloading data to external applications; specifying access levels for each segment of the database; testing programs or databases, corrects errors, and makes necessary modifications; providing operational and user assistance to address software and hardware problems.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or a related field AND Three years of experience in support of an operating system, database management system or a related field OR Two years of experience as a Database Administrator 1.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, have experience in the following:
• Five years of experience of database development and administration experience with Oracle 9i and 10g
• Two years of experience of database development and administration experience with SQL Server 2005/2008
• Eight years of development experience in a business and technical environment
• Three years of experience in the development and testing of complex queries in Oracle PL/SQL
• Three years of experience with Oracle Application Server 10g: installation, configuration, administration, fine-tuning, troubleshooting.
• Hands-on experience with mod_plsql, http server, , Tomcat
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of database administration concepts on a Microsoft platform
• Candidates should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Graduate degree in computer science or related field.
• Prior experience working on the Educational Databases/Data Warehouse Area is a big plus.
• Extensive background in the development and testing of complex Transact SQL queries in SQL Server.
• Certification in database administration for Oracle and/or Microsoft
• Experience with Oracle Dataguard, RMAN
• Experience in migrating from OAS to WebLogic Server
• Experience on OEM 12c for supporting and monitoring
• Experience with Oracle Gateways or Heterogeneos Services
• Experience with data modeling and query tools such as ERwin, Embarcadero, TOAD, SQL Navigator, etc.
• Experience with Microsoft Analysis Services and Data Transformation Services is a plus
• Experience with dimensional database design, online analytical processing, and business Intelligence tools and/or technologies such as Cognos, Business Objects, Brio, etc. is a plus.
Pay Grade 20 – Annual salary range $57,289.84 (minimum) to $100,124.90 (maximum). Hiring salary is commensurate with current employment and relevant education/training and work experience and available funding. Benefit options include life, disability, dental and health insurance, annual/sick leave, and Employees’ Retirement or Teachers’ Retirement. Hiring salary dependent on current employment, training and experience.
Consideration/interviews will begin as soon as a list of applicants is established. Applications/resumes will be evaluated and only those meeting the qualifications will be considered. Top candidates will be contacted for interviews. No notification will be sent to applicants except those who are selected for interviews. Due to the large volume of applications received by this office, we are unable to provide information on your application status.
It is the policy of the Georgia Department of Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or age in its employment practices.
In accordance with Public Law 99-603, also known as the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, the Department of Education employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. All persons hired by the Georgia Department of Education are required to verify identity and employment eligibility and must agree to undergo drug screening and a criminal background investigation.