To apply to the Georgia Department of Education an applicant should review our advertised job postings and apply for the position(s) that best fit their employment history and qualifications.
Please apply to each job separately by submitting - via Fax, U.S. mail, or Email - a cover letter, resume, and salary history OR a State of Georgia Application to:
Georgia Department of Education
Human Resources Office
2052 Twin Towers East
205 Jesse Hill, Jr. Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Reference the job announcement number in the email subject line or cover letter. All documents submitted must be in .doc (WORD) or .pdf files only. Do not send links and/or downloads.
NOTE: Please be sure to read the minimum qualifications posted for each position. Some of the education-specific positions require Georgia professional educator’s certification. Official documentation of certification is required with the application/resume. An application or resume received will not be considered for a position without certification documentation if required. Georgia professional educator certification inquiries can be directed to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission by calling 404-232-2500 or visiting the web site at www.gapsc.com.
|Announcement - 13-51 ||All Job Openings
|Job Title:||District Effectiveness Specialist
|Post Date:||September 25, 2013 (Updated December 18, 2013)*
|Apply by:||Until Filled
|Job ID:||*Three federally-funded positions (two Race to the Top-funded positions and one 1003(a) position)
|Location:||Metro Atlanta (locations may be field-based)
|Program/Unit:||District Effectiveness Program/School Improvement Division/Office of School Improvement
|Description of Duties:||
Under the direction of the District Effectiveness Program Manager and in collaboration with the School Improvement Division and other Georgia Department of Education team members, Regional Educational Services Agencies (RESAs), Educational Technology Centers (ETCs), the Georgia Learning Resource System (GLRS), and other agencies, provides onsite school improvement services and support to identified districts. Specific duties include, but are not limited to,
• Guiding district leaders in developing and sustaining a leadership team that is focused on continuous improvement in order to increase student achievement;
• Guiding district leaders and district level staff with the development of structures and processes that support standards-based, job-embedded, results-driven professional learning;
• Guiding district leaders in creating and sustaining a culture of data-driven decision making;
• Guiding district leadership in creating district improvement plans that are action plans with measurable goals;
• Guiding district leadership and school leaders to implement the CCGPS within standards-based classrooms and monitor the implementation of the CCGPS within standards-based classrooms;
• Facilitating district leadership in development, implementation, and continuous monitoring of a formalized system of data-driven intervention(s);
• Guiding district leaders to support schools in sustaining the school improvement process;
• Guiding district leaders in interventions to monitor and improve student and teacher attendance;
• Guiding district leaders in the development of action plans; and
• Performing other such duties as assigned by the Program Manager for District Effectiveness.
Note: Regional and statewide travel is required. These positions may be filled as full-time or part-time positions.
Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) professional educator certification, Master's Degree in education, education administration, or a related field, and three (3) years of experience in a K-12 central office leadership position. Must have extensive knowledge of school improvement principles. Must have excellent communication skills; the ability to effectively analyze data; experience in consensus building, and the ability to effectively motivate and lead a diverse learning community. Note: Must submit a copy of GaPSC certification with resume and cover letter or with application; applicants who fail to submit this required documentation will not be considered.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, posses one or more of the following:
• Georgia Professional Standards Commission certificate in educational leadership at level L-5, L-6, or L-7
• Education Specialist or higher degree
• Five or more years of experience in a position of K-12 central office leadership
• Experience at the working with district level professional staff with a focus on instruction and/or leadership
• Strong knowledge base of best practices in leadership and standards-based instruction
• Demonstrated success in team building
• Experience in data analysis and the organization and implementation of major school initiatives
• Experience working with adult learners
• Strong work ethic, self-directed, and self-motivated
• Strong knowledge of federal programs
• Knowledge of state and federal guidelines, including the Elementary and Secondary Education Act and ESEA Waiver
Pay grade 18 – Annual salary range $47,280.21 (minimum) to $82,962.30 (maximum) for a full-time position.. Hiring salary is commensurate with current employment, relevant education/training and work experience, and available funding. Benefit options include life, disability, dental and health insurance, annual/sick leave, and Employees’ Retirement or Teachers’ Retirement.
Consideration/interviews will begin as soon as a list of applicants is established. Applications/resumes will be evaluated and only those meeting the qualifications may be forwarded to the hiring manager to be considered. Candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted directly. No notification will be sent to applicants except those who are selected for interviews. Due to the large volume of applications received, we cannot provide application status information.
It is the policy of the Georgia Department of Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or age in its employment practices.
The Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) and each associated State School is a registered participant in the federal work authorization program commonly known as E-Verify. The GaDOE utilizes the program to verify employment eligibility of individuals hired on or after July 1, 2007.
GaDOE Federally-issued User ID#: 46420
Date of Authorization: 07/02/2007