To apply to the Georgia Department of Education an applicant should review our advertised job postings and apply for the position(s) that best fit their employment history and qualifications.
Please apply to each job separately by submitting - via Fax, U.S. mail, or Email - a cover letter, resume, and salary history OR a State of Georgia Standard Application for Employment to:
Georgia Department of Education
Human Resources Office
2052 Twin Towers East
205 Jesse Hill, Jr. Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Reference the job announcement number in the email subject line or cover letter. All documents submitted must be in .doc (WORD) or .pdf files only. Do not send links and/or downloads.
NOTE: Please be sure to read the minimum qualifications posted for each position. Some of the education-specific positions require Georgia professional educator’s certification. Official documentation of certification is required with the application/resume. An application or resume received will not be considered for a position without certification documentation if required. Georgia professional educator certification inquiries can be directed to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission by calling 404-232-2500 or visiting the web site at www.gapsc.com.
|Announcement - 14-10 ||All Job Openings
|Job Title:||Systems Analyst 3
|Post Date:||March 12, 2014 (*updated June 4, 2014)
|Apply by:||Until Filled
|Job ID:||Two (2) new, federally-funded positions
|Location:||1966 Twin Towers East, Atlanta, Georgia 30334
|Program/Unit:||Application Development & Support/Office of Technology Services
|Description of Duties:||
Under limited supervision designs, codes, tests, modifies and debugs computer software; leads system development and/or maintenance in support of the College and Career Ready Performance Index (CCRPI). Supervises development team(s) and provides guidance, training, and ongoing communications to improve the quality/quantity of each individual's performance. Other duties include, but are not limited to, supervising and planning work of assigned staff; compiling and writing documentation of program development and subsequent revisions and inserting comments in the coded instructions; consulting with others to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes; debugging, adapting, and modifying code and logic of existing applications; determining portability of code between operating systems and hardware; developing and maintaining test standards relevant to the development life cycle and change management processes; evaluating, selecting, integrating, and implementing new system architecture, tools, and techniques; overseeing and/or performing work in designing, maintaining, and coding programs using agency standard programming languages; preparing detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operations; supervising staff in the development and enhancement of computer systems and software applications; testing code to identify errors and debug; utilizing, modifying, or developing algorithms that maximize processing speed and utilize memory efficiently; writing and debugging programs or program modules; and writing or contributing to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
Bachelors Degree in a related field and five years of related experience, with at least two (2) years in a supervisory position OR Associate Degree or equivalent two-year technical certificate in a related field and six (6) years of programming experience with at least two years in a supervisory position OR Two (2) years of experience as a State of Georgia Systems Analyst 2.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, have experience in one or more of the following:
•*Extensive background in the development and testing of complex queries in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, MOD PL/SQL as well as on T-SQL.
•*Able to develop stored functions, Procedures, Packages and, triggers using SQL and Scripts as part of our application needs.
•*4+ years of professional development experience with Oracle databases and 1+ year on SQL Server.
•*Highly proficient in SQL, PLSQL, and TSQL Programming.
•*Proficient with DDL, DML operations and working with it.
•*Practical experience of developing a data warehouse using dimensional modeling techniques
•*Proficient with developing methods of loading large volumes of data automatically into a database
•Web design and development using web application projects in Visual Studio, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server
•Application development using the Agile Methodology with SCRUM
• Experience with one or more of the following tools/solutions: SQL Server, Oracle, .Net Framework, SSAS, SSIS, and Identity Management solutions
• Experience with quality assurance, test driven development and unit testing
• Review, analyze, and document business systems and user requirements producing deliverables such as user stories, UI mockups, workflow process diagrams, data flow / data model diagrams
• Strong communication, presentation, JAD and meeting skills
• Experience with MS Visio and Project
• SQL database design and SSRS report development
• SQL server administration, maintenance, and monitoring
• Administration of website monitoring and server monitoring tools
• Proven ability to design, develop, and maintain unusually complex software applications
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills
• Review, analyze, code, test and debug application systems using Systems development life cycle processes (SDLC)
• Document business case, business requirements, define scope, objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business needs
• Review, analyze, and document business systems and user requirements producing deliverables such as use cases, UI mockups, functional specifications, workflow process diagrams, data flow / data model diagrams
• Develop and implement test plans, write and maintain test automation, define and track quality assurance metrics
• Lead other analysts in business systems maintenance and development projects
• Strong communication, presentation and meeting skills
• Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
Pay Grade 20 – Annual salary range $57,289.84 (minimum) to $100,124.90 (maximum). Hiring salary is commensurate with current employment and relevant education/training and work experience and available funding. Benefit options include life, disability, dental and health insurance, annual/sick leave, and Employees’ Retirement or Teachers’ Retirement. Hiring salary dependent on current employment, training and experience.
Consideration/interviews will begin as soon as a list of applicants is established. Applications/resumes will be evaluated and only those meeting the qualifications may be forwarded to the hiring manager to be considered. Candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted directly. No notification will be sent to applicants except those who are selected for interviews. Due to the large volume of applications received, we cannot provide application status information.
It is the policy of the Georgia Department of Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or age in its employment practices.
The Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) and each associated State School is a registered participant in the federal work authorization program commonly known as E-Verify. The GaDOE utilizes the program to verify employment eligibility of individuals hired on or after July 1, 2007.
GaDOE Federally-issued User ID#: 46420
Date of Authorization: 07/02/2007