The purpose of serving preschool children under Title I is to provide high-quality early childhood experiences that can help children in Title I schools and programs have the foundation to meet academic standards and experience success throughout elementary and secondary school.
Technical Assistance and Support for Title I Schools
- Training for preschool practitioners to learn how to apply scientifically research-based practices in their classrooms;
- Workshops for parents to learn the scientifically research-based practices that may be used in the home to help ensure that their child enters kindergarten with the foundational skills necessary to succeed;
- Disseminating information through publications, conferences, and other events;
- Coordinating Title I efforts with Department of Early Child Care and Learning;
- Monitoring programs to ensure that Title I preschool is meeting program goals; and
- Encouraging the use of mentoring relationships between effective preschools and those that are struggling.
Four Components of Family Literacy
- Early Childhood Education
- Adult Education
- Parent and Child Interactive Literacy Activities
- Parenting Education