GaDOE collects and maintains education records on Georgia school districts, students and staff in response to state and federal laws and state board rule requirements including program monitoring and for audit purposes.
The types of data collected can be placed into one of the following categories:
· Student Attendance and Enrollment Data
· Student Class Schedules
· Student Demographic Data
· Student Discipline Data
· Student Program Participation
· Staff Certification and Assignment Data
· Staff Demographic
· Private School Enrollment Data
· Quality Basic Education (QBE) Funding Data
Please click HERE for the Data Element Glossary.
Before adding new data elements to the collection effort, the following procedures must be followed in compliance to OCGA §20-2-664.
· Notify the Governor and the General Assembly of the following:
1. New proposed data element
2. Changes to existing student personally identifiable data collection required for any reason, including changes to federal reporting requirements made by the United States Department of Education
3. Announce new provisional student data collection to the general public for a review and comment period for at least 60 days