|1. Are there any resources offered by the Title I, Part D Neglected, Delinquent, and At-Risk Youth (N&D) program that can be helpful for local educational agencies (LEAs) to consider during the COVID-19 crisis?|
LEAs should note the following resources from the Title I, Part D N&D program:
· Title I, Part D: Neglected, Delinquent, and At-Risk Youth Nonregulatory Guidance
· Information from the National Technical Assistance Center for the Education of Neglected or Delinquent Children and Youth (NDTAC)
· Upcoming webinars to highlight annual data requirements (e.g. annual survey, transition services, etc.). More details to follow.
In addition, LEAs may want to take advantage of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), Section 1421 in assisting educators on how to protect the educational rights of our neglected or delinquent students.
|2. Are there any uses of funds under the Title I, Part D Neglected, Delinquent, and At-Risk Youth (N&D) program that can be helpful for local educational agencies (LEAs) to consider during the COVID-19 crisis?|
When considering support for families and students during the COVID-19 crisis, LEAs should consider the following allowable uses of funds:
· Technology (e.g. Chromebooks),
· To continue supporting high-quality education programs on virtual platforms,
· Coordination of virtual learning opportunities that will support health related services, social services, mental health services that are directly linked to increasing educational outcomes, and
· Supports for basic needs (e.g. school supplies)
All activities, materials and services must be described in an approved plan (e.g. application, CLIP, etc.) to be allocable.