In order for Georgia to use the framework of ESSA to implement changes that will best serve students, teachers, and schools, extensive two-way communication with the public is essential – Georgia must engage with and seek continual feedback from all stakeholders. This committee will discuss ways to bring stakeholders to the table and facilitate effective communication related to Georgia’s ESSA plan.
- Develop a framework for the stakeholder feedback sessions
- Coordinate with other working committees to develop effective methods for soliciting stakeholder feedback
- Engage communities and stakeholders to attend feedback sessions
- Utilize the networks of education partners to promote feedback sessions and elements of Georgia’s state plan
- Develop a communications plan/strategy for communicating Georgia’s state plan.
Georgia’s ESSA Working Committees report to GaDOE’s ESSA Leadership Team throughout the development process. The ESSA Leadership Team will ensure that benchmarks are being met and working committees are coordinating efforts to produce a cohesive draft ESSA State Plan.
The draft ESSA State Plan will be presented to the Advisory Committee for feedback. There will also be a review period for the public, State School Superintendent, State Board of Education, and Governor’s Office.
| July 2016
||Charge, Orientation, Overview and committee-specific information
||Stakeholder feedback will be shared with Working Committees as it is received*
||Draft ESSA State Plan developed*
||Presentation to Advisory Committee
||Public comment period; Governor, State Board of Education, State School Superintendent review; Overview to the House and Senate Education Committees
||If necessary, reconvene the Advisory Committee to make revisions
||Submit Georgia’s ESSA State Plan to USED
Note: Timeline and submission date tentative pending guidance from USED; USED must approve state plan no later than 120
days after submission. *Working Committees have the flexibility to meet as needed via- face-to-face or teleconference.
The members of the Communications Committee can be found here.