To apply to the Georgia Department of Education an applicant should review the advertised job postings and apply for the position(s) that best fit their employment history and qualifications.
Position announcements are subject to close at any time, once a suitable list of applicants has been compiled. Please be sure to read the minimum qualifications posted for each position. Some of the education-specific positions require Georgia professional educator’s certification. Official documentation of certification is required with the application/resume. An application or resume received will not be considered for a position without certification documentation if required. Georgia professional educator certification inquiries can be directed to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission by calling 404-232-2500 or visiting the web site at www.gapsc.com.
Applicants who obtain degrees(s) from a foreign college or university must submit with their application an international Education Evaluation Letter showing the degree obtained is equivalent to degree(s) obtained at a college or university inside the USA. Contact the Internal Educational Services (www.naces.org/members.htm) or the Association of International Credentials Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org/Organizatios.aspx) for additional assistance and information.
|Announcement - 19-82**Applicants who have previously applied, will not need to re-apply*Click here for job details*/00216689*/State funded ||All Job Openings
|Job Title:||School Transformation Specialist - Dougherty County/Albany Area
|Post Date:||August 21, 2019
|Apply by:||August 23, 2019
|Location:||Field-based Dougherty County/Albany Area
|Program/Unit:||Chief Transformation Office
|Description of Duties:||Under the direction of the Lead Transformation Specialist, the School Transformation Specialist provides on-site improvement services and support to identified schools and districts.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Partnering with school and district leaders in developing and sustaining effective collaboration structures that are focused on continuous improvement in order to increase student achievement
• Partnering with school and district leaders with the development of structures and processes that support standards-based, job-embedded, results-driven professional learning
• Partnering with schools and district leaders in creating and sustaining a culture of data-driven decision making
• Partnering with school and district leadership in creating strategic plans with measurable goals
• Partnering with district and school leaders to implement the school and district standards
• Supporting districts and schools in development, implementation, and continuous monitoring of a formalized system of data-driven intervention(s)
• Supporting district leaders to support schools in sustaining the school improvement process
• Supporting school and district leaders in the development of action plans
• Performing other such duties as assigned by the Chief Turnaround Officer or Lead Transformation Specialist
NOTE: Regional and limited statewide travel is required
|Minimum Qualifications:||Master's degree in education or a related field from an accredited college or university AND Five years of related experience OR Bachelors degree in education or a related field from an accredited college or university AND Seven years of related experience. Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) professional educator certification. Submit a copy of GaPSC certification with resume and cover letter or with application. Applicants who fail to submit the required documentation will not be considered.
|Preferred Qualifications:||Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the following:
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to effectively analyze data
• Experience in consensus building, and the ability to effectively motivate and lead a diverse learning community.
• Georgia Professional Standards Commission certificate in educational leadership at level L-5, L-6, or L-7
• Education Specialist or higher degree
• Five or more years of experience in a school leadership position
• Experience successfully coaching both new and experienced leaders
• Experience at working with district level professional staff with a focus on instruction and/or leadership
• Strong knowledge base of best practices in leadership and standards-based instruction
• Demonstrated success in team building
• Experience in data analysis and the organization and implementation of major school initiatives
• Experience working with adult learners
• Strong work ethic, self-directed, and self-motivated
• Knowledge of state and federal guidelines, including the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
||Pay Grade N – Salary ranges from $52,331.00 up to $91,579.00. Hiring salary is between $70,000 and $90,000 and is commensurate with current employment, relevant education/training and work experience. Benefit options include life, disability, dental and health insurance, annual/sick leave, and Employees’ Retirement or Teachers’ Retirement.
Consideration/interviews will begin as soon as a list of applicants has been established. Resumes/Applications will be evaluated and only those meeting the qualifications will be forwarded to the hiring manager to be considered. Candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted directly. Notification will only be sent to applicants selected for interviews. Due to the large volume of applications received, we cannot provide application status information.
It is the policy of the Georgia Department of Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, disability, citizenship, gender, pregnancy, childbirth or other related conditions, national origin, religion, military or veteran status, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information or age in its employment practices.
The Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) and each associated State School is a registered participant in the federal work authorization program commonly known as E-Verify. The GaDOE utilizes the program to verify employment eligibility of individuals hired on or after July 1, 2007.
GaDOE Federally-issued User ID#: 46420
Date of Authorization: 07/02/2007