GaDOE collects and maintains education records on Georgia school districts, students and staff in response to state and federal laws and state board rule requirements including program monitoring and for audit purposes.
O.C.G.A. 20-2-664 requires the GaDOE to create, publish, and make publicly available a dictionary of data elements with definitions of student personally identifiable data fields.
Each data collection that collects student-related data are listed below with a link to the Data Element Glossary for that collection.
- Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) - Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) refers to data collected for Quality Basic Education funding and is based on student enrollment and the education services provided by local school systems to students. The FTE Data Element Glossary can be found by clicking HERE
- Student Class (SC) - Student Class is a collection of class roster data which links students and teachers. The SC Data Element Glossary can be found HERE
- Student Record (SR) - Student Record collects data on the instructional services provided to students by the local school system throughout the regular school year. The SR Data Element Glossary can be found HERE
Before adding new data elements to the collection effort, the following procedures must be followed in compliance to OCGA §20-2-664.
Notify the Governor and the General Assembly of the following:
- New proposed data element
- Changes to existing student personally identifiable data collection required for any reason, including changes to federal reporting requirements made by the United States Department of Education
- Announce new provisional student data collection to the general public for a review and comment period for at least 60 days