Professional Learning is the means by which teachers, administrators, and other staff acquire, enhance, and refine the knowledge, skills, practices, and dispositions necessary to create and support high levels of learning for all students.
- To provide leadership, technical assistance, and resources to the Georgia education community in order to improve student learning through organizational development and professional learning
- To work with the Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) and Regional Educational Service Agencies (RESAs) school improvement specialists in providing support to schools designated as Priority, Focus, Alert, or SIG 1003(g)
- To conduct the Instructional Leadership Academy, which is a three-year program that focuses on building and sustaining instructional programs to increase the academic success of students
- To assist schools and districts in completing a professional learning plan that will be included as part of a local school district’s comprehensive improvement plan
- To collaborate with schools and districts to plan and implement various professional learning designs aligned to rigorous standards
Professional Learning Designs
Resources that are created to assist principals and teacher leaders develop their capacity to facilitate school-based collaborative professional learning focused on teaching and learning.
Professional Learning Plan
A professional learning plan establishes short- and long-term strategies for professional learning and application of the learning. Such plans guide individuals, schools, and districts in organizing learning experiences designed to accomplish positive outcomes for educators and students.
Professional Learning Units (PLUs)
The Professional Learning Unit vendor database will no longer be available effective January 1, 2015. If you have any additional questions about an upcoming course, please contact the vendor of the course. Please contact your local Regional Education Service Agency (RESA) for professional learning opportunities being offered for professional learning units.
Events and Conferences