|The process of application to the Georgia Department of Education is one of a candidate reviewing our advertised positions and applying to those which best fit his/her employment history and qualifications. |
Submit either by fax, U.S. mail, or email a cover letter and a resume OR a State of Georgia Application to:
Georgia Department of Education
Human Resources Office
2052 Twin Towers East
205 Jesse Hill, Jr. Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Please be sure to reference the job announcement number in your email or cover letter. Submit attachments in .doc or .pdf files only.
Please note: Please be sure to read the minimum qualifications posted for each position. Some of the education-specific positions require Georgia professional education certification. Documentation of this certification is required with the application/resume. An application or resume will not be considered for the position until this documentation is received in Human Resources. Georgia professional educator certification inquiries can be directed to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission by calling 404-232-2500 or visiting the web site at www.gapsc.com.
|Announcement - 13-10 ||All Job Openings
|Job Title:||GAPSS Review Specialist - Open to current GaDOE employees only
|Post Date:||April 3, 2013
|Apply by:||Until Filled
|Job ID:||Four (4) positions
|Location:||Field-based within geographic regions (North Georgia, Metro Atlanta, Middle Georgia, and South Georgia)
|Program/Unit:||School Improvement Division/Office of School Improvement
|Description of Duties:||
Under the direction of the School Performance Program Manager and in collaboration with the School Improvement Division team members and Regional Educational Services Agencies (RESAs), the Georgia Learning Resource System (GLRS), and other agencies as needed, provides school improvement services to identified schools and leads review teams via the Georgia Analysis of Performance on School Standards (GAPSS) Reviews. Specific duties include, but are not limited to,
• Leading the review team (i.e., schedules classroom observations and group interviews, facilitates understanding of scoring instruments, facilitates the GAPSS scoring process, ensures accurate data analysis, etc.);
• Compiling and developing accurate written reports for school and district leadership to share results from the GAPSS
• Providing accurate summary reports to school leadership, system leadership, Georgia Department of Education staff, and other appropriate stakeholders;
• Based on GAPSS analysis, guiding school leaders in developing and sustaining a school improvement plan that is focused on continuous improvement in order to increase student achievement;
• Based on GAPSS analysis, guiding district leaders and school leaders with the development of structures and processes that support standards-based, job-embedded, results-driven professional learning;
• Coordinating the scheduling of mandatory, SIG, RT3, and SACS/CASI GAPSS reviews for assigned schools;
• Developing the yearly schedule, recruits team members, prepares all necessary materials, etc.;
• Maintaining records (electronic and hard copy) of the reviews and services provided;
• Performs additional responsibilities as assigned to support the work of school improvement; and
• Attending and participating in GaDOE meetings/activities as assigned.
Note: Regional and statewide travel is required. These positions may be filled as both full-time and part-time positions.
Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) professional educator certification, a Master's Degree in education, education administration, or a related field, and a minimum of three years experience in K-12 leadership role in a school, school system, Regional Educational Service Agency (RESA), or state education agency. Note: Must submit a copy of GaPSC certification with resume and cover letter or with application. In cover letter, please indicate preferred area of focus and preferred geographic region. This job announcement is open to current GaDOE employees only.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, posses one or more of the following:
• Documented success with school improvement and student achievement
• Education Specialist or higher degree
• Experience at the secondary level (middle and/or high school)
• Highly effective interpersonal and group communications skills
• Strong knowledge base of best practices in leadership and standards-based instruction
• Demonstrated success in team building and the school improvement process
• Experience in data analysis and the organization and implementation of major school initiatives
• Experience in working with adult learners
• Strong work ethic, self-directed, and self-motivated
• Knowledge of state and federal guidelines, including the Elementary and Secondary Act of 1965
Pay grade 18 – Annual salary range $47,280.21 (minimum) to $82,962.30 (maximum). Hiring salary is commensurate with current employment, relevant education/training and work experience, and available funding. Benefit options include life, disability, dental and health insurance, annual/sick leave, and Employees’ Retirement or Teachers’ Retirement.
Consideration/interviews will begin as soon as a list of applicants is established. Applications/resumes will be evaluated and only those meeting the qualifications will be considered. Top candidates will be contacted for interviews. No notification will be sent to applicants except those who are selected for interviews. Due to the large volume of applications received by this office, we are unable to provide information on your application status.
It is the policy of the Georgia Department of Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or age in its employment practices.
In accordance with Public Law 99-603, also known as the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, the Department of Education employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. All persons hired by the Georgia Department of Education are required to verify identity and employment eligibility and must agree to undergo drug screening and a criminal background investigation.