To apply to the Georgia Department of Education an applicant should review our advertised job postings and apply for the position(s) that best fit their employment history and qualifications.
Please apply to each job separately by submitting - via Fax, U.S. mail, or Email - a cover letter, resume, and salary history OR a State of Georgia Standard Application for Employment to:
Georgia Department of Education
Human Resources Office
2052 Twin Towers East
205 Jesse Hill, Jr. Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Reference the job announcement number in the email subject line or cover letter. All documents submitted must be in .doc (WORD) or .pdf files only. Do not send links and/or downloads.
NOTE: Please be sure to read the minimum qualifications posted for each position. Some of the education-specific positions require Georgia professional educator’s certification. Official documentation of certification is required with the application/resume. An application or resume received will not be considered for a position without certification documentation if required. Georgia professional educator certification inquiries can be directed to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission by calling 404-232-2500 or visiting the web site at www.gapsc.com.
|Announcement - 13-65 ||All Job Openings
|Job Title:||Systems Analyst 2
|Post Date:||November 15, 2013
|Apply by:||Until Filled
|Job ID:||One (1) new state-funded position
|Location:||1966 Twin Towers East, Atlanta, Georgia 30334
|Program/Unit:||Data Collections Division/Office of Technology Services
|Description of Duties:||
Under the limited supervision of the Technology Help Desk Manager, designs, codes, tests, modifies and debugs computer software. Duties include, but are not limited to, leading system development and/or maintenance in the Quality Control unit; supervising a development team and provides guidance, training, and ongoing communications to improve the quality/quantity of each individual's performance; supervising and planning work of assigned staff; compiling and writing documentation of program development and subsequent revisions and inserting comments in the coded instructions; consulting with others to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes; debugging, adapting, and modifying code and logic of existing applications; determining portability of code between operating systems and hardware; developing and maintaining test standards relevant to the development life cycle and change management processes; evaluating, selecting, integrating, and implementing new system architecture, tools, and techniques; overseeing and/or performing work in designing, maintaining, and coding programs using agency standard programming languages; preparing detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operations; supervising staff in the development and enhancement of computer systems and software applications; testing code to identify errors and debug; utilizing, modifying, or developing algorithms that maximize processing speed and utilize memory efficiently; writing and debugging programs or program modules; and writing or contributing to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five (5) years of related experience OR Associate degree/vocational certificate in a related field and seven (7) years of related experience with at least two years of experience in a supervisory position/lead worker position OR One (1) year of experience as a Systems Analyst 1or equivalent position.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the following:
• Experience as a Microsoft systems architect
• Ability to learn and master new technologies quickly
• Experience in strategic planning of change control systems including configuration management planning
• Ability to determine, define, document, communicate, and enforce change management policies and procedures
• Ability to plan, design, implement, and roll-out improvements to existing change management systems
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Working knowledge of TFS Source Control, TFS Sidekicks tool, and TFS Administration tool
• Experience in VSS operation, administration, and maintenance
• Knowledge of VSS databases and ability to convert VSS to TFS
• Knowledge of Branching
• Experience in SharePoint administration including backup and restore, security administration, and administration of document libraries
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve TFS, VSS, and SharePoint issues
• Experience with Build/Release of .Net websites including experience releasing websites to a production environment
• Experience with ASP.NET of web applications written in C#
• Experience in NANT, MSBuild, the TFS API, the VSS command line interface, and Windows .bat files
• Ability to manage and participate in build and release operations, including software builds and supporting the development team after hours as needed
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with .NET builds
• Ability to finish developing an automated web-based Change Management system written in ASP.NET and C#
• Experience with MS Project 2007, including a detailed understanding of this software
• General understanding of Windows Server 2003/2008 administration including administration of web servers and SQL servers
• Experience with backup and restore of SQL databases for TFS, Project Server, and the SharePoint components of each
• Experience with the installation of software packages such as Visual Studio on developers’ machines
Pay Grade 19 – Annual salary range $52,172.55 (minimum) to $91,137.94 (maximum). Hiring salary is commensurate with current employment and relevant education/training and work experience and available funding. Benefit options include life, disability, dental and health insurance, annual/sick leave, and Employees’ Retirement or Teachers’ Retirement. Hiring salary dependent on current employment, training and experience.
Consideration/interviews will begin as soon as a list of applicants is established. Applications/resumes will be evaluated and only those meeting the qualifications may be forwarded to the hiring manager to be considered. Candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted directly. No notification will be sent to applicants except those who are selected for interviews. Due to the large volume of applications received, we cannot provide application status information.
It is the policy of the Georgia Department of Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or age in its employment practices.
The Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) and each associated State School is a registered participant in the federal work authorization program commonly known as E-Verify. The GaDOE utilizes the program to verify employment eligibility of individuals hired on or after July 1, 2007.
GaDOE Federally-issued User ID#: 46420
Date of Authorization: 07/02/2007