September 20, 2023 – The State Board of Education will hold a two-day regular meeting on Wednesday, September 27 and Thursday, September 28, 2023. The meeting will be held at the Georgia Department of Education's offices in the Twin Towers/Sloppy Floyd building in Downtown Atlanta: State Board Room, 205 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive, 2070 Twin Towers East. Parking is available in the Pete Hackney Parking Deck for $10 per day. Click here for directions.
Committee Meetings - Wednesday, September 27, 2023
All meetings, with the exception of Executive Session, are held in the State Board Room – 2070 East Tower.
- CALL TO ORDER – 10:30 A.M.
- RULES COMMITTEE – 10:30 A.M.
- BUDGET COMMITTEE – 11:00 A.M.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION – 11:30 A.M.
- DISTRICT FLEXIBILITY & CHARTER SCHOOLS COMMITTEE – 12:30 P.M.
- STATE SCHOOLS COMMITTEE – 1:00 P.M.
- AUDIT COMMITTEE – 1:45 P.M.
Committee of the Whole and Full Board Meeting – Thursday, September 28, 2023
All meetings are held in the State Board Room – 2070 East Tower.
- COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE AND FULL BOARD MEETING ***
- CALL TO ORDER – 9:00 A.M.
- GUEST RECOGNITION
- INSPIRATION/PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
- PUBLIC HEARING
- STATE BOARD RULE 160-3-1-.07 TESTING PROGRAMS – STUDENT ASSESSMENT
- COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
- SUPERINTENDENT'S/CHAIR'S REPORTS
- VOTE ON ACTION ITEMS
***This schedule is subject to change.
NOTE: The full agenda will be available by the end of the week on Simbli/eBoard.