The Special Needs Scholarship Awards Calculator is NOW OPEN for the following:
Continuing GSNS private school students who completed 2020-2021 school year at a participating private school, and
- New GSNS applicants who had an Individualized Education Program (IEP) during the 2020-2021 school year and meet the prior year attendance requirements set forth in law.
- Kindergarten students who received Pre-K Special Education services during the 2020-2021 school year.
If an award sheet generates, print a copy, and take it to the participating private school of your choice (please keep a copy for your records).
Note: Scholarship amounts can change during a school year. Payments can be decreased if there is a reduction to the State's budget during a school year.
IEP Eligibility Information
Kindergarten Eligibility Information
- Review qualifications for Kindergarten students
- Parents of kindergarten students that receive a scholarship award will also be required to complete the following form and provide to the participating private school who will submit the completed form to the Georgia Department of Education.
UPDATED Section 504 Plan Eligibility Information
- Review qualifications for 504 Students
- Access the 504 Plan Qualification application to see if you meet the preliminary requirements for a scholarship award with a 504 Plan. If you meet the preliminary requirements (see item 2 in Review qualifications for 504 students) you will be prompted to print a form that you will take to your local school system for completion of the addtional information that is needed to make a full determination. The form will also include a website you can use to track your request.