Georgia's Military Flagship School Award recognizes schools going above and beyond to provide a supportive environment for military students and families. Military Flagship Schools provide specific outreach to military families and recognize and accommodate their unique needs. Schools are chosen through a yearly application process that is open to every school in the state. Applications are reviewed by members of the Military Interstate Children's Compact Commission.
2020-2021 Selection Timeline
The 2020-21 Military Flagship School Award application process has closed. The winning schools will be announced on January 6, 2021.
Previous Military Flagship School Award Winners
- Columbus High School, Muscogee County Schools
- Crooked River Elementary School, Camden County Schools
- Hilltop Elementary School, Houston County Schools
- Lowndes High School, Lowndes County Schools
- Riverside Elementary School, Columbia County Schools
- Snelson-Golden Middle School, Liberty County Schools