To qualify for the Georgia Special Scholarship award with an IEP for the 2022-2023 school year the student must meet the following requirements:
1) The student's parent currently resides within Georgia and has been a Georgia resident for at least one calendar year however, that the one-year requirement shall not apply if the student's parent is an active-duty military service member stationed in Georgia within the previous year; AND
2) The student had an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) in effect during the 2021-2022 school year; AND
3) The student spent the prior school year in attendance* at a Georgia public school.
*Prior school year in attendance - the student was enrolled and reported by a public school system or school systems for funding purposes at the time of both FTE program counts, conducted each school year in October and March. See OCGA 20-2-2112 (5)
Prior school year in attendance shall not apply if:
• The student's parent is an active-duty military service member stationed in Georgia within the previous year; OR
• The student has been adopted or placed in a permanent guardianship from foster care pursuant to an order issued by a court of competent jurisdiction within the previous year; OR
• The student previously qualified for a scholarship as provided in state law.
- Please note that previously qualified only waives the prior school year in attendance provision, all other requirements including having an IEP in the previous school year and enrollment in a public school are still in effect.