To qualify for the Georgia Special Scholarship award with an IEP for the 2021-2022 school year the student must meet all three requirements:
1) The student's parent currently resides within Georgia and has been a Georgia resident for at least one calendar year however, that the one-year requirement shall not apply if the student's parent is an active duty military service member stationed in Georgia within the previous year; AND
2) The student had an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) in effect during the 2020-2021 school year; AND
3) Spent the prior school year in attendance at a Georgia public school. For the 2021-2022 school year only, prior school year in attendance means that the student was enrolled and reported by a public school system or school systems for funding purposes at the time of at least one FTE program count, conducted each school year in October and March, during either the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school years. Prior school year in attendance shall not apply if:
- The student's parent is an active duty military service member stationed in Georgia within the previous year; OR
- The student has been adopted or placed in a permanent guardianship from foster care pursuant to an order issued by a court of competent jurisdiction within the previous year; OR
- The student previously qualified for a scholarship as provided in state law.