EANS I Program
The purpose of the Emergency Assistance to Non-Public Schools (EANS) program is to provide services or assistance to eligible non-public schools to address educational disruptions caused by COVID-19.
- Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021
- Reserved from GEER II, under CRRSA
- The period of allowability is from 3/13/2020-9/30/2023
- Prioritizes private schools that enroll low-income students and "are most impacted" by the national emergency
- Georgia’s EANS I-CRRSA award allocation was $79,175,146.
Non-public schools will not receive a grant award or allocation for EANS I funds. Non-public schools will receive allowable service or assistance provided by the Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) as approved through the school’s application, to the extent resources are available and subject to prioritizing schools based on their enrollment of low-income students and the severity of the impact of COVID-19 on the school. (See C-2, C-14, C-15, C-16, and D-12). USED EANS Frequently Asked Questions
EANS I Eligibility and Application
- Is non-profit
- Is accredited, licensed, or otherwise operates in accordance with State law
- Was in existence prior to March 13, 2020, the date COVID-19 was declared a national emergency
- Did not, and will not, apply for and receive a loan under the Small Business Administration's Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) (15 U.S.C. 636(a)(37)) that is made on or after December 27, 2020.
|The application for the EANS I Program closed on April 17, 2021.|
Check application status
EANS I Allowability
Allowable Services/Assistance Under EANS I:
Personal Protective Equipment
Ventilation/Windows/Portable Air Purification Systems
Reasonable Transportation Costs
Support for Learning Loss
Training to Minimize Spread
|Unallowable Services/Assistance Under EANS I:
Construction, HVAC, & Boiler Systems
General Operational Costs
Touchless Faucets, Dryers, & Fountains
Touchless Bottle Filling Stations
Contracted Cleaning Services
Future Allowable But Not Past Reimbursable Services/Assistance Under EANS I:
- Improvements to ventilation systems (including windows), except for portable air purification systems, which may be reimbursed.
- Any expenses reimbursed through a loan guaranteed under the PPP (15 U.S.C. 636(a)) prior to December 27, 2020.
- Staff training and professional development on sanitization, the use of PPE, and minimizing the spread of COVID-19.
- Redeveloping instructional plans, including curriculum development, for remote or hybrid learning or to address learning loss.
- Initiating and maintaining education and support services or assistance for remote or hybrid learning or to address learning loss. (Section 312(d)(4)(M)).
EANS I Timeline
(March 25-May 14, 2021)
March 25, 2021-April 16, 2021||EANS I Application Window|
April 19, 2021- May 7, 2021||
GaDOE EANS Review of Application and Phase I Follow-Up Requests|
April 28, 2021 ||
EANS I Application Support Session #1|
May 6, 2021 ||
EANS I Application Support Session #2|
May 7-10, 2021||
Final EANS I Application Notices for “In Process” to "Approved" or "Declined"|
|May 14, 2021|
Non-public School Communication-Phase II Transition
(May 17-Jun 16, 2021)
|May 17-28, 2021||Finalize EANS I Service or Assistance Provided to Recipients|
|May 17-June 2, 2021||Notification of EANS Service or Assistance Provided to Recipients (EANS I Program Plan)|
|June 3, 2021 |
GADOE Provides Non-Public School Training-Operations of EANS I Program for Participants (with Class Wallet)
|June 4-16, 2021||GaDOE Consultation and Communication from Class Wallet to Non-Public Schools Phase III Transition (Set-Up & Support); EANS I Amendment Window|
(June 17, 2021-September 30, 2023)
|June 17, 2021||EANS I Service Begins- Request of Direct Payments and Reimbursement|
Approved Application Status Updated to "Progressing for Payment"
June 17, 2021-August 2021||Consultation with GaDOE EANS Team-Scope of Work and Budget for Services Based on Services and Assistance Requested|
|August 23, 2021||Obligation of EANS I funds|
|September 30, 2022||Ending Date|
|September 30, 2023||Tyding (Carryover) Period|
|December 15, 2023||Liquidate|