A World Language Pathway may be followed in any of the world language areas
included in the state list of approved courses. A student can complete a World Language Pathway when the criteria described below has been met.
World Language Pathway Criteria:
- Student’s course history in one world language includes:
- 3 distinct high school Course Codes (three units of credit) or
- 2 distinct Course Codes plus a third code (three units of credit) reflecting
- An AP* course, where AP courses are offered (60.01700, French; 60.07700, Spanish; 60.08110, Spanish Lit; 61.01700, German;
61.04800, Latin; 62.01960, Chinese; 62.03900.
- An IB* course, where courses are offered (French, 60.01120, 60.01130; Spanish, 60.07130, 60.07160; German, 61.01120, 61.01130;
Latin, 61.04120, 61.04130;
Chinese, 62.01900, 62.01910;
Japanese, 62.03920, 62.03930; Arabic, 63.01700,
- A post-secondary enrollment course in the same World Language
*AP, IB and dual enrollment courses must have earned credit