The Academy of New Federal Program Leaders is designed to assist Federal Program leaders (with three or fewer years of experience) navigate through ESSA guidance, regulations, deadlines, policies, forms, and procedures. This support system includes:
- Prioritized Support from the GaDOE Staff - The GaDOE staff provides technical assistance to all LEA staff. New Federal Program Leaders will be contacted by the GaDOE staff at least monthly to check-in and provide technical assistance.
- Monthly Webinars - This series of webinars will cover timely relevant topics to deepen the knowledge of new Federal Program Leaders. These sessions consist of short presentations and time to answer questions. Registration for these webinars is required. The Department may reschedule individual sessions if needed. FY 23 Training Sessions include:
- Weekly “Test Your Knowledge" Questions - Each week in the Federal Program Updates there will be 3 to 5 questions to test your knowledge of individual federal programs. Immediately after answering, feedback on the correct answer will be provided. The regulation or guidance that supports the correct answer will also be linked for your convenience. These questions will be based upon upcoming requirements and the most frequently asked questions of the GaDOE staff.
- Comprehensive Timeline with Deadlines for all Federal Programs - This color-coded monthly calendar will make it easier to keep up with all the individual program requirements and deadlines.
- Live Demonstrations – The GaDOE staff will provide live demonstrations on how to navigate the different systems and platforms. These demonstrations will be recorded so that they can be accessed at any time.
- A Panel of Experts – The GaDOE will host quarterly meetings with experienced LEA Federal Program Leaders sharing their knowledge.
- Handbook Review - Each Federal Program at the GaDOE has a handbook that provides guidance and information to help LEAs create and maintain a compliant program. These handbooks have a wealth of information and can seem overwhelming. An on-demand training on each program's handbook is available and can be accessed at any time.
| Test Your Knowledge Quizzes|