The U.S. Department of Education’s Office of the Inspector General
(OIG) proposes a minimum standard of State Educational Agencies’ (SEA)
monitoring system of Local Education Agencies (LEA). The SEA monitoring
- Ensure compliance with program requirements and fiscal accountability;
- Document the purpose, scope, and results of each oversight activity;
- Ensure that appropriate technical assistance and enforcement measures are taken when necessary;
- Systematically analyze the results of LEA
audits and other oversight activities to identify trends in findings and
develop monitoring and technical assistance strategies to reduce
occurrences of similar problems
- Annually report the results of these analyses to the U.S. Department of Education.
The Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) will monitor its 21st
Century Community Learning Centers grantees on the above standards.
Further, GaDOE will abide by additional compliance monitoring
requirements as outlined in the Site Visit Report attachment.