In today’s global marketplace, it is important for students to acquire the interdisciplinary skills they need to be globally competent and competitive. The International Skills Diploma Seal is awarded to graduating high school students who complete an international education curriculum and engage in extracurricular activities and experiences that foster the achievement of global competencies. It is a signal to employers and higher education institutions that a student is prepared to participate in the global economy.
ISDS BROCHURE 2017.pdf
Updated Guidance at a glance for ISDS.pdf
- At least three credits in the same world language and/or ESOL
- At least four credits in courses determined to have an international focus, such as international economics, world/non-US history, world geography, etc.
- At least four extracurricular activities and experiences with global themes and/or in global contexts (e.g., exchange programs, international and language clubs, travel abroad) (Requirement waived for 2020-2021 School Year)
- Twenty hours of community service involving a global/cross-cultural public service project (Requirement waived for 2020-2021 School Year)
- Capstone presentation on the knowledge gained in the courses and activities listed above
The International Skills Diploma Seal Committee will conduct an annual systematic review of all courses and add any courses that are deemed to align with the goals of the International Skills Diploma Seal.
August 30th or December 15:
The Georgia Department of Education World Languages and Global Workforce Initiatives now has two reviewing cycles for school applications to become eligible to award the International Skills Diploma Seals to qualifying graduating high school seniors.
The first cycle deadline is August 30th and the 2nd cycle deadline is December 15th.
Sept 20th or January 15th:
For those schools submitting applications by the August 30th deadline, they will recieve notice of their application status by September 20th.
For those schools submitting applications by the December 15th deadline, they will recieve notice of their application status by January 15th.
May 1st, 2021
Schools evaluate credentials of interested candidates and report list of qualifying candidates to GaDoE using the link below.
Click here to submit ISD Seal Requests!
April 12th, 2021
Deadline for participating schools to submit ISDS STAR Student Information.
Click here to submit information for your school's ISDS STAR Student.
2021 STAR ISDS Waiver and Release Form.doc
Frequently Asked Questions
Approved ISDS High Schools