Guidelines for Georgia Title I Committee of Practitioners (COP)
State Administration of
Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA)
is directed to be substantially
involved in the review and comment on any proposed or final state rules,
regulations, and policies relating to Title I prior to their publication.
Committee members are provided with an update on national education reform
activities, changes in Title I legislation and regulations, and other pertinent
state and federal information.
Presently, the membership of COPs includes representatives from local
educational agencies administrators, teachers, including vocational educators,
parents, members of local boards of education, representatives of private
school children, representatives of charter schools, and pupil services
Members are nominated for three year terms by the Office of
School Improvement (SI) and approved by the Georgia State Board of
Education. Nominated candidates
represent the required representative groups and each Congressional District in
the state. Vacancies are replaced with
individuals from similar representative groups and regions of the state.
This committee meets twice during each regular school
year with additional sub-committee meetings as appropriate. Actions required by the membership determine
the need to postpone or convene additional meetings.
A Title I designee acts as the Executive Secretary and
develops meeting agendas with input from the Title I Programs Director, the COP
Chairperson, and membership.
Documentation of all meetings, agendas, and other pertinent data are
maintained at the Department.
- FY21 Title I Committee of Practitioners Webinar
- FY21 Title I Committee of Practitioners Presentation
- FY21 Title I Committee of Practitioners Membership
- FY21 Title I Committee of Practitioners Report
- FY21 Title I Committee of Practitioners Guidelines
- FY20 Title I Committee of Practitioners Webinar
- FY20 Title I Committee of Practitioners Presentation
- FY20 Title I Committee of Practitioners Membership
- FY20 Title I Committee of Practitioners Report
- FY20 Title I Committee of Practitioners Guidelines